- Salmagundi (1807-1808)
- Knickerbocker's History of New York (1809)
- The Poetical Works of Thomas Campbell (1810)
- The Sketchbook of Geoffrey Crayon (1819-1820) [1824-26, in 2 vols.]
- Bracebridge Hall (1819)
- Letters of Jonathan Oldstyle, Gent. (1824)
- Charles II (1824)
- Tales of a Traveler (1824), in 4 vols.
- The Freyschütz (1824) by Carl Maria von Weber, translated with Barham Livius
- The Beauties of Washington Irving (1825) should this be included??
- Richelieu (1826)
- A History of the Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus (1828), in 4 vols.
- The Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus (Abridged) (1829)
- Chronicle of the Conquest of Granada (1829), in 2 vols.
- Voyages and Discoveries of the Companions of Columbus (1831)
- Tales of the Alhambra (1832, revised 1851)
- The Crayon Miscellany
- Astoria (a.k.a. Anecdotes of an Enterprise Beyond The Rocky Mountains) (1836), in 3 vols.
- The Adventures of Captain Bonneville (1837), in 3 vols.
- Biography and Poetical Remains of the Late Margaret Miller Davidson (1841)
- A Book of the Hudson (1849)
- Oliver Goldsmith: A Biography (a.k.a. The Life of Oliver Goldsmith) (1849)
- Mahomet and His Successors (1850), in 2 vols
- Wolfert's Roost, and other Sketches (1855)
- The Life of George Washington(1855-1859), in 5 vols.
Individual pieces edit
- Strange Stories by a Nervous Gentleman (1824)
- The Adventure of My Aunt
- The Adventure of My Uncle
- The Adventure of the German Student
- The Bold Dragoon
- The Great Unknown
- The Adventure of the Mysterious Picture
- The Devil and Tom Walker (1824)
- The Crayon Papers (1825)
- The Complete Works of Washington Irving, published by Crowell, 1848
- The Works of Washington Irving: The Kinderhook Edition, published by G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1893
Works about Irving edit
- A Fable for Critics (1848) by James Russell Lowell
- "A Day with Washington Irving" by Charles Lanman, in Once a Week, Series 1, Volume 2, Issue 27, December 31, 1859
- "Washington Irving" in The Maclise Portrait-Gallery, by William Bates (1883)
On his works edit
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.
Public domainPublic domainfalse