Author:Willa Sibert Cather
(Redirected from Author:Willa Cather)
|←Author Index: Ca||Willa Sibert Cather
|American author who grew up in Nebraska; achieved recognition for her novels of frontier life on the Great Plains |
The icon identifies that the work includes a spoken word version.
- Alexander's Bridge, 1912 (external scan)
- "Prairie Trilogy"
- One of Ours (1922) (Pulitzer Prize, 1923)
- A Lost Lady (1923) (transcription project)
- The Professor's House (1925) – Copyrighted in the United States until 2021 due to Renewal R112288
- My Mortal Enemy (1926) – Copyrighted in the United States until 2022 due to Renewal R125542
- Death Comes for the Archbishop (1927) – Copyrighted in the United States until 2023 due to Renewal R142815
- The Troll Garden, 1905
- Youth and the Bright Medusa, 1920 (external scan)
- Coming, Aphrodite! (a.k.a. Coming, Eden Bower!)
- The Diamond Mine
- A Gold Slipper
- Paul's Case
- A Wagner Matinee
- The Sculptor's Funeral
- A Death in the Desert
Individual short storiesEdit
- "Ardessa," 1918, Century Magazine
- The Fear That Walks by Noonday (1895)
- The Princess Baladina—Her Adventure (1896)
- The Affair at Grover Station (1900)
- "The Bohemian Girl"
- "The Bookkeeper's Wife," 1916, Century Magazine
- "On the Art of Fiction," 1916, (non-fiction) in The Borzoi 1920, selection by Alfred A. Knopf (external scan)
- "Eleanor's House, 1907, McClure's Magazine
- "The Enchanted Bluff," 1909, Harper's Magazine
- "Eric Hermannson's Soul"
- "The Namesake," 1907, McClure's Magazine
- "On the Divide"
- "Paul's Case" (also included in The Troll Garden, 1905)
- "The Profile," 1907, McClure's Magazine
- "A Wagner Matinee." (also included in The Troll Garden, 1905)
- "On the Gulls' Road"
- "The Westbound Train"
- Consequences (1915)