Author:William Bell Scott
|←Author Index: Sc||William Bell Scott
|British poet and artist, son of Robert Scott (1777-1841), the engraver, and brother of David Scott, the painter, was born in Edinburgh. Associated with the Rossettis|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. B. Sc."
- The Year of the World (1846)
- Memoir of David Scott (1850)
- Albert Dürer: His Life and Works (1869)
- The British School of Sculpture (1872)
- Our British Landscape Painters (1872)
- Murillo and the Spanish School (1873)
- Autobiographical Notes (1892), edited by William Minto
- Ballads, Studies from Nature, Sonnets, etc. (1875)
- A Poet's Harvest Home (1882)
Works about ScottEdit
- Memorial Verses on the Death of William Bell Scott, by Algernon Charles Swinburne