Author:William Francis Ainsworth
|←Author Index: Ai||William Francis Ainsworth
|British surgeon, traveller, geographer and geologist|
- "Analysis of a Narrative of a Voyage to the Pacific and Beering's Strait, to co-operate with the Polar Expeditions; performed in his Majesty's Ship Blossom, under the command of Captain F. W. Beechey, R.N., F.R.S., &c., in the years 1825, 26, 27, and 28" in Journal of the Royal Geographical Society of London, 1 (1831), pp. 193−222.
- "A Narrative of a Visit to the Court of Sinde, &c. By James Burnes, Surgeon to the Residency at Bhooj. Bombay, 1829. Edinburgh, 1831" in Journal of the Royal Geographical Society of London, 1 (1831), pp. 222−231.
- Travels and Researches in Asia Minor, Mesopotamia, Chaldea, and Armenia (1842) (external scan)
- The Claims of the Christian Aborigines of the Turkish or Osmanli Empire upon Civilised Nations (1843) (external scan)
- All Round the World, an Illustrated Record of Travels, Voyages, and Adventures (1860–62) (external scan)
- Wanderings in every Clime (1872)
- A Personal Narrative of the Euphrates Expedition (1888) (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- The River Karún, an Opening to British Commerce (1890) (external scan)
Works about AinsworthEdit
- "Ainsworth, William," in The American Cyclopædia (1879)
- "Ainsworth, William Francis," in Men of the Time (eleventh edition), by Thompson Cooper, London: George Routledge and Sons (1884)
- "Ainsworth, William Francis," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1901 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1901) in 3 vols.
- "Ainsworth, William Francis," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)