For authors with similar names, see Author:William Thomson.
- "Note on a Passage in Fourier's Heat" from the Cambridge Mathematical Journal, Volume III, November 1841
- "On the Possible Density of the Luminiferous Medium, and on the Mechanical Value of a Cubic Mile of Sunlight", Transactions of the Royal Society of Edinburgh (1854), p.57.
- "On the Ultramundane Corpuscles of Le Sage" (From Edinb. Roy. Soc. Proc. Vol. vn. 1872, pp. 577-589 [read Dec. 18, 1871]
- Reprint of papers on electrostatics and magnetism, 1872
- Elements of natural philosophy. With by Peter Guthrie Tait
- Mathematical and physical papers, 1882
- The practical applications of electricity, 1884 contributor
- "William Thomson's account of his Christian faith" (from the annual meeting of the Christian Evidence Society) (23 May 1889)
- Popular lectures and addresses, 1891
- The molecular tactics of a crystal, 1894
- The free expansion of gases: memoirs, 1898 contributor
- The second law of thermodynamics; memoirs, 1899 contributor
- Baltimore lectures on molecular dynamics and the wave theory of light. 1904
- Scientific papers: physics, chemistry, astronomy, geology, 1910 contributor