United States Code/Title 42/Chapter 66
Chapter 66—Domestic Volunteer Services
- 1 § 4950. Volunteerism Policy. 
- 2 SUBCHAPTER I — National Volunteer Antipoverty Programs
- 3 SUBCHAPTER II — National Senior Volunteer Corps
- 4 SUBCHAPTER III — National Volunteer Programs to Assist Small Business and Promote Volunteer Service by Persons With Business Experience
- 5 SUBCHAPTER IV — Administration and Coordination
- 6 SUBCHAPTER V — Authorization of Appropriations
- 7 SUBCHAPTER VI — YouthBuild Projects
- 8 Notes
- (a) Because of the long-standing importance of volunteerism throughout American history, it is the policy of the Congress to foster the tradition of volunteerism through greater involvement on the part of both young and older citizens.
- (b) The purpose of this chapter is to foster and expand voluntary citizen service in communities throughout the Nation in activities designed to help the poor, the disadvantaged, the vulnerable, and the elderly. In carrying out this purpose, the Corporation for National and Community Service shall utilize to the fullest extent the programs authorized under this chapter, coordinate with other Federal, State, and local agencies and utilize the energy, innovative spirit, experience, and skills of all Americans.