Executive Order 47
Postal Rule II is hereby amended by striking out all of section 5 and inserting in lieu thereof the following:
- Exceptions from examination in the classified postal service are hereby made as follows:
- (a) Assistant postmaster or the chief assistant to the postmaster, by whatever designation known.
- (b) One secretary to the postmaster, when authorized by law and allowed by the Post-Office Department.
- (c) Cashier, when authorized by law and employed under that roster title.
- (d) Assistant cashier, when authorized by law and employed under that roster title.
- (e) Superintendents of station or branch post-offices at which letter carriers are employed.
- (f) Printers and pressmen, when authorized by law and allowed by the Post-Office Department and employed as such.
- No person appointed to a place under any exception made by any postal rule shall be transferred to any other place not also excepted from examination.
Approved, November 2, 1894.