Executive Order 5924
The Civil Service Commission may set up procedure and promulgate regulations under which employees with appropriate status who have been recently or who are about to be furloughed or dropped for reduction of force without delinquency or misconduct may be afforded priority in the filling of vacancies when in the opinion of the commission the conditions of good administration warrant such priority.
This order supersedes the Executive orders of November 29, 1918; April 30, 1919; January 28, 1927, and February 18, 1927, referring to reemployment; and the Executive instruction of October 12, 1931, relating to transfers.
- Executive Order 3011, November 29, 1918;
- Executive Order 3083, April 30, 1919;
- Executive Order 4577, January 28, 1927;
- Executive Order 4589, February 18, 1927
- Revoked by:
- Executive Order 9830, February 24, 1947