For works with similar titles, see Foreign Service Act.
96TH UNITED STATES CONGRESS
To promote the foreign policy of the United States by strengthening and improving the Foreign Service of the United States,
and for other purposes.
- Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
Section 1. Short Title. edit
- This Act may be cited as the ``Foreign Service Act of 1980´´.
Sec. 2. Table of Contents. edit
- The table of contents for this Act is as follows:
- Sec. 1. Short Title.
- Sec. 2. Table of Contents.
- TITLE I—THE FOREIGN SERVICE OF THE UNITED STATES
- CHAPTER 1—GENERAL PROVISIONS
- CHAPTER 2—MANAGEMENT OF THE SERVICE
- CHAPTER 3—APPOINTMENTS
- CHAPTER 4—COMPENSATION
- CHAPTER 5—CLASSIFICATION OF POSITIONS AND ASSIGNMENTS
- CHAPTER 6—PROMOTION AND RETENTION
- CHAPTER 7—CAREER DEVELOPMENT, TRAINING, AND ORIENTATION
- CHAPTER 8—FOREIGN SERVICE RETIREMENT AND DISABILITY
- CHAPTER 9—TRAVEL, LEAVE, AND OTHER BENEFITS
- CHAPTER 10—LABOR-MANAGEMENT RELATIONS
- CHAPTER 11—GRIEVANCES
- CHAPTER 12—FOREIGN SERVICE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Approved October 17, 1980.