Index talk:Singapore Arms and Flag and National Anthem Rules 2003.pdf
Latest comment: 3 months ago by Jan.Kamenicek in topic Problem with Page 9 and 10
Problem with Page 9 and 10Edit
@廣九直通車: Do we need to upload the duplicates of the symbols as shown in page 9 and 10 of the original document?
- @Dafatskin: I don't actually think so? The duplicates are omitted per a corrigenda published on 2 days later. Given that the error was rectified quickly, I omitted the duplicated coat of arms and national flags, and noted it in the main text.廣九直通車 (talk) 12:42, 18 October 2021 (UTC)
- Alright then! Dafatskin (talk) 12:46, 18 October 2021 (UTC)
- @Dafatskin, @廣九直通車:Common practice is that we trascribe works as they are including mistakes (if they are mistakes at all). It is explicitely forbidden to make compilations of two versions into one by en.ws rules. So if you think we should have the version without duplicated symbols, we need to upload the corresponding scans first, and use these for proofreading. --Jan Kameníček (talk) 16:17, 10 February 2023 (UTC)
Dafatskin: Ideally, the score on p. 11 would be represented using LilyPond (through Wikisource’s <score> utility). The (your?) PDF seems to match the original, which is nice, because the original is of a very poor quality. (Also pinging 廣九直通車, in case you’re interested in particular.) TE(æ)A,ea. (talk) 12:54, 18 October 2021 (UTC)
- I can start working on the score with Lilypond, I would certainly like to have an excuse to learn it.
- I was actually very surprised how terrible the original quality was and there were no other pictures online. I sincerely hope my transcription is accurate although it certainly sounds accurate. Dafatskin (talk) 13:22, 18 October 2021 (UTC)
- Dafatskin: Yes, it looks quite accurate. I know my way around Lilypond, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. TE(æ)A,ea. (talk) 13:26, 18 October 2021 (UTC)