The Parties to this present Convention,
- Sure of the necessity of improving food security as well as social and educational development
- Underlining the urgency to fight malnutrition and poverty, to eradicate starvation and suffering from the Earth
- Convinced of the importance of food micro-algae as nutritional supplement in favour of undernourished children, refugees and other needy people
- Desirous to reinforce university research and to share the advancements foreseen by this Convention
- Remembering the necessity of a scientific research, truly ethical and moral, in the respect of all beings, which go along with man on our planet
- Determined to prevent man-made emergencies and natural disasters and to reduce their impact on the society, the economic system and the environment
Have agreed as follows:
To attain the above mentioned objectives and to develop the diffusion of Peace, Culture and International Cooperation, the Parties hereby decide to create the following Intergovernmental Institutions, endowed with full juridical personality of international law, with all related capacities and prerogatives, like the capacity to conclude Treaties and to establish diplomatic relations with States and International Organizations, the capacity to possess extra-territorial and inviolable official seats, as well as funds and properties and to emit official documents such as letters credential and diplomatic passports, as well as to possess their own emblems, flags and scientific, expeditionary and intervention corps:
- - The Intergovernmental Council for Food Micro-algae (ICOFAM), with the goal to promote the utilization of food micro-algae, in favour of the victims of humanitarian emergencies,
- - The Inter-Governmental University (IGU), with the goal to sustain university research, education and co-operation, especially in favour of Developing Countries,
- - The International Emergency Management Organization (IEMO), with the goal to work for emergency prevention, preparedness, mitigation and recovery.
Each Institution is composed of:
- Directional Secretariat
Each Council, formed by the Representatives of the Parties (or, as the case may be, by the respective Ministers of Foreign Affairs or by the Chief Executive Officers of the respective Intergovernmental Organizations), meets once a year, summoned by the Directional Secretariat of its Institution, to deliberate on the points on the agenda, to formulate internal rules and procedures and to create, as the case may be, other subsidiary bodies, as the international commission for the defense of nature and animals, subsidiary body of the IGU. Each Council, which is always deemed to be quorated, regardless of the number of the participants, is chaired by a Chairman, appointed every three years and makes decisions by simple majority (one vote for each Party). Only States have the right to vote. Intergovernmental Organizations, signatories of this Convention, have observer status within each Council.
Each Directional Secretariat, in charge of the administrative ordinary and extraordinary co-ordination of its Institution, is directed by a Secretary-General (President for life in the case of IEMO -Ambassador for life, with perpetual title, of his or her organization), who is appointed every five years (with the exception of the IEMO President which is appointed for life, through the present Convention and indicated in the annex) by the respective Council and who may be re-appointed and who has the powers to appoint commissions, officials, delegates and staff-members. The Directional Secretariat nominates all delegations, diplomatic missions, missions of intervention and observer missions, endowed with diplomatic prerogatives and immunities. Officials, delegates, as well as funds, official seats, buildings and properties of the above mentioned organizations, are endowed with diplomatic status in adherent Countries.
The above mentioned Institutions are financed through public and private voluntary donations.
The present Convention does not entail any financial obligation for the Parties. The present Convention may be amended, with the exception of Article 4.
Each Party may withdraw from this Convention, after a period of six months from the date of its adhesion, in written form, addressed to the Depositary.
This Convention, open to States and Intergovernmental Organizations -upon formal invitation from the Depositary, enters into force on the date of the third adhesion, by deposit of instrument of adhesion with the Depositary and shall be open for subsequent adhesions, by deposit of instrument of adhesion or accession with the Depositary.
The original of this Convention, in English and French languages, shall be deposited with the Secretary-General of the Intergovernmental Council for Food Micro-algae, in charge of all relevant functions.
In Faith whereof, the abilited representatives of the respective Parties, have concluded the present Convention
- - The term Food Micro-algae, used in this Convention, refers to:
- a) Spirulina Arthrospira platensis and its varieties: Lonar, Maxima, Geitleri and to all other edible varieties of Spirulina
- b) Other food Micro-algae: Chlorella, Scenedesmus and so on.
- - Name of first Secretary-General of ICOFAM and Life-President of IEMO: H.E. Amb. Alessandro Manini
- - Name of first Secretary-General of the Inter-Governmental University (IGU) and its subsidiary commission: Prof. Enrico Conti
- - The Inter-Governmental University (IGU) will be renamed at the tenth adhesion: The World University
- - The title of IEMO Life President is combinable with other public and private charges. The successors will be elected by the IEMO Council.
- - The seat of the Institutions is provisionally located in Rome, Italy.
- - Each Council can transfer the seat of its Institution at any time.
- - The extraordinary administration includes the case in which the Council is not formed or not active.