This work is not eligible for copyright protection according to the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic (6 of January 18, 1998 "on Copyright and Neighbouring Rights"), and is in the Public domain worldwide.
Article 6. Works Protected by Copyright (subject matter of copyright)
- Ideas, methods, processes, systems, means, concepts, principles, discoveries and facts may not be protected by copyright.
Article 8. Works and the Results of Activity Similar to them that Are not Objects of Copyright
The following shall not be objects of copyright:
- Official documents (laws, resolutions, decisions and etc.) as well as official translations thereof;
- State emblems and official signs (flags, armorial bearings, orders, monetary signs and etc.);
- Works of folklore;
- Information on the news of the day or information on the current events that are of the common press-information character;
- The results obtained with the help of technical means for the production of a certain type without creative activity of a man directly targeted for creation of an individual work.
Full text of the Law: in Russian, in English.
Comment – According to interstate and international compacts the Kyrgyz Republic is the legal successor of the Kirgiz Soviet Socialist Republic, therefore this license tag is also applicable to official symbols and formal documents of the Kirgiz SSR.
Warning – This license tag cannot be applied to proposed official symbols and drafts of the formal documents, which can be copyrighted.
- ↑ As amended by the Law No. 120 from November 6, 1999