CHIEF EXECUTIVE ELECTION ORDINANCE
Ord. No. 21 of 2001
24. A poll shall be conducted in contested election
Where there are 2 or more candidates in an election, a poll shall be conducted in accordance with the EAC Regulations under the supervision of the Returning Officer.
25. Voting by members of Election Committee
(1) Subject to section 26, only the members of the Election Committee whose names appear on the final register of members of the Election Committee can vote at a poll.
(2) The votes at a poll shall be cast by secret ballot.
(3) At a poll each member of the Election Committee is entitled to cast a single vote in each round of voting.
26. Disqualification from voting
If a member of the Election Committee whose name appears on the final register of members of the Election Committee—
- (a) resigns under section 3(3) of the Schedule;
- (b) is serving a sentence of imprisonment on the polling date of an election;
- (c) falls within paragraph (a), (b), (c), (f) or (g) of section 18 of the Schedule; or
- (d) is or has been convicted, within the 3 years before the polling date of an election, in the manner prescribed by subparagraph (i), (ii) or (iii) of section 18(e) of the Schedule,
he shall be disqualified from voting at the poll.
27. System of voting
(1) If a candidate obtains more than half of the total number of valid votes cast in any round of voting, he shall be returned at the election.
- (a) there are 2 candidates in the election; or
- (b) 2 candidates remain after the elimination of all other candidates under subsection (3)(c) or (4)(c),
as many rounds of voting as may be necessary shall be conducted for the 2 candidates until one of them is returned under subsection (1).
- (a) there are 3 or more candidates in the election; and
- (b) after the first round of voting—