CHIEF EXECUTIVE ELECTION ORDINANCE
Ord. No. 21 of 2001
44. Death or incapacity of electoral officer not to terminate authority
Death or incapacity of an electoral officer does not terminate any authority conferred by the officer for the purposes of this Ordinance.
45. Candidates entitled to send letters to members of Election Committee free of postage
(1) Two letters addressed to each member of the Election Committee may be sent free of postage by or on behalf of a candidate.
(2) The cost to the Postmaster General of enabling an entitlement under subsection (1) to be exercised shall be a charge on and payable from the general revenue.
(1) The Chief Executive in Council may make regulation for the better carrying out of the purposes of this Ordinance.
(2) In particular, the regulation made under subsection (1) may provide for all or any of the following—
- (a) the number or qualifications of subscribers required to complete a nomination paper for a candidate at a subsector election;
- (b) the amount that a candidate at a subsector election is required to lodge as a deposit at the election;
- (c) the forfeiture of the deposit if the candidate at a subsector election fails to obtain a prescribed proportion of the votes cast at the election and for the return of the deposit if he obtains that proportion of votes at the election;
- (d) the functions of a Revising Officer;
- (e) appeals to a Revising Officer.
(3) A provision of the regulation made under subsection (1) may make it an offence, punishable by a fine not exceeding level 2, for a person to contravene a provision of the regulation.
(4) A provision of the regulation made under subsection (1) may—
- (a) make different provisions for different circumstances and provide for a particular case or class of cases;
- (b) be made so as to apply only in specified circumstances; and
- (c) prescribe fees for the purposes of the regulation.
47. Amendment of Schedule
The Chief Executive in Council may, with the approval of the Legislative Council, amend the Schedule by order published in the Gazette.