Dangerous Goods (Shipping) Regulation 2012
L.N. 56 of 2012
4. Meaning of carrying on board Class 2, 3 or 3A dangerous goods in relation to type 2 or type 3 vessels
(1) For the purposes of this Regulation, a type 2 or type 3 vessel that has carried on board Class 2, 3 or 3A dangerous goods in bulk is to be regarded as carrying those dangerous goods on board the vessel until a gas-free certificate is issued in respect of the vessel by a person approved by the Director.
(2) A certificate issued under subsection (1) must be in a form specified by the Director.
(3) The Director may approve a person for the purposes of subsection (1) if satisfied that the person possesses the necessary qualifications and competence to issue a gas-free certificate.
(4) In this section—
gas-free certificate (氣體清除證明書) means a certificate certifying that a vessel is free of gas.
5. Conveyance of dangerous goods by type 1 or type 2 vessels exempted from operation of section 6 of Ordinance
Section 6 of the Ordinance does not apply to the conveyance of dangerous goods by a type 1 or type 2 vessel.
6. Dangerous goods for personal medical use exempted
Dangerous goods of any reasonable quantity carried by a person for personal medical use on board a vessel are exempt from the operation of this Regulation.