Dangerous Goods (Shipping) Regulation 2012
L.N. 56 of 2012
Provisions Relating to Type 1 Vessels
7. Submission of dangerous goods manifests
(1) A type 1 vessel carrying on board dangerous goods must not enter the waters of Hong Kong unless—
- (a) a manifest in the form specified by the Director containing the particulars of the dangerous goods has first been submitted to the Director; or
- (b) the Director grants permission for the vessel to enter those waters without a manifest having been submitted in accordance with paragraph (a) subject to the requirement which may be imposed by the Director under subsection (2).
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1)(b), the Director may require the owner or master of the vessel to submit the manifest in accordance with subsection (1)(a) as soon as reasonably practicable after the vessel has entered the waters of Hong Kong.
(3) A person must not include any particulars in the manifest which the person knows or has reason to believe to be—
- (a) false in any material particular; or
- (b) misleading by reason of the omission of any material particular.
(4) If subsection (1)(a) is contravened, both the owner and the master of the vessel commit an offence and each is liable on conviction to a fine at level 3 and to imprisonment for 2 months.
(5) A person who fails to comply with the requirement imposed on that person under subsection (2) commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 3 and to imprisonment for 2 months.