Dangerous Goods (Shipping) Regulation 2012
L.N. 56 of 2012
(2) If without reasonable excuse subsection (1) is contravened, the master of the vessel commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 4 and to imprisonment for 3 months.
21. Type 3 vessels must not carry passengers and dangerous goods at same time
(1) Subject to subsection (2), unless the Director otherwise permits, a type 3 vessel must not carry passengers and dangerous goods at the same time.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in relation to—
- (a) any dangerous goods mentioned in section 22(2), if section 22(1) does not apply to the possession of those dangerous goods by virtue of section 22(2);
- (b) Schedule 2 dangerous goods in consumer packs;
- (c) non-pyrotechnic special effects materials, if section 18(1) does not apply to the conveyance of those materials by virtue of section 18(2)(c) and the requirements in subsection (3) have been complied with;
- (d) liquefied petroleum gas contained in a cylinder having a water capacity of less than 130 litres or in a combination of cylinders having a combined water capacity of less than 130 litres, if—
- (i) the conveyance of such liquefied petroleum gas is for and incidental to the production of entertainment special effects within the meaning of the Entertainment Special Effects Ordinance (Cap. 560); and
- (ii) the requirement in subsection (3)(b) has been complied with; and
- (e) pyrotechnic special effects materials, if the requirements in subsection (3) have been complied with.