HUMAN CLONING AND OTHER PROHIBITED PRACTICES
Protection from personal liability
15. No suit or other legal proceeding shall lie personally against the Director, any enforcement officer or any other person acting under the direction of the Director for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done in the execution or purported execution of this Act.
Obstructing enforcement officer in execution of his duties
16. Any person who obstructs, hinders or impedes an enforcement officer in the performance or execution of his duty or anything which he is authorised, empowered or required to do under this Act shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $5,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months or to both.
Offences by bodies corporate, etc.
17.—(1) Where an offence under this Act committed by a body corporate is proved—
- (a) to have been committed with the consent or connivance of; or
- (b) to be attributable to any neglect on his part,
the officer as well as the body corporate shall be guilty of the offence and shall be liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly.
(2) Where the affairs of a body corporate are managed by its members, subsection (1) shall apply in relation to the acts and defaults of a member in connection with his functions of management as if he were a director of the body corporate.
(3) Where an offence under this Act committed by a partnership is proved—
- (a) to have been committed with the consent or connivance of a partner; or