This page needs to be proofread.
- 21That make a man an offender by words,
- And lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate,
- And turn aside the just with a thing of nought.
22Therefore thus saith the Lord, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob:
- Jacob shall not now be ashamed,
- Neither shall his face now wax pale;
- 23When he seeth his children, the work of My hands, in the midst of him,
- That they sanctify My name;
- Yea, they shall sanctify the Holy One of Jacob,
- And shall stand in awe of the God of Israel.
- 24They also that err in spirit shall come to understanding,
- And they that murmur shall learn instruction.
- 30Woe to the rebellious children, saith the Lord,
- That take counsel, but not of Me;
- And that form projects, but not of My spirit,
- That they may add sin to sin;
- 2That walk to go down into Egypt,
- And have not asked at My mouth;
- To take refuge in the stronghold of Pharaoh,
- And to take shelter in the shadow of Egypt!
- 3Therefore shall the stronghold of Pharaoh turn to your shame,
- And the shelter in the shadow of Egypt to your confusion.
- 4For his princes are at Zoan,
- And his ambassadors are come to Hanes.
- 5They shall all be ashamed of a people that cannot profit them,
- That are not a help nor profit,
- But a shame, and also a reproach.
6The burden of the beasts of the South.
- Through the land of trouble and anguish,
- From whence come the lioness and the lion,
- The viper and flying serpent,
- They carry their riches upon the shoulders of young asses,
- And their treasures upon the humps of camels,
- To a people that shall not profit them.
- 7For Egypt helpeth in vain, and to no purpose;
- Therefore have I called her arrogancy that sitteth still.
- 8Now go, write it before them on a tablet,
- And inscribe it in a book,
- That it may be for the time to come
- For ever and ever.
- 9For it is a rebellious people,
- Lying children,
- Children that refuse to hear the teaching of the Lord;
- 10That say to the seers: 'See not',
- And to the prophets: 'Prophesy not unto us right things,
- Speak unto us smooth things, prophesy delusions;
- 11Get you out of the way,
- Turn aside out of the path,
- Cause the Holy One of Israel
- To cease from before us.'
- 12Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel:
- Because ye despise this word,
- And trust in oppression and perverseness,
- And stay thereon;
- 13Therefore this iniquity shall be to you