10And it shall come to pass, when thou shalt tell this people all these words, and they shall say unto thee: 'Wherefore hath the Lord pronounced all this great evil against us? or what is our iniquity? or what is our sin that we have committed against the Lord our God?' 11then shalt thou say unto them: 'Because your fathers have forsaken Me, saith the Lord, and have walked after other gods, and have served them, and have worshipped them, and have forsaken Me, and have not kept My law; 12and ye have done worse than your fathers; for, behold, ye walk every one after the stubbornness of his evil heart, so that ye hearken not unto Me; 13therefore will I cast you out of this land into a land that ye have not known, neither ye nor your fathers; and there shall ye serve other gods day and night; forasmuch as I will show you no favour.'
14Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that it shall no more be said: 'As the Lord liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt, '15but: 'As the Lord liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the countries whither He had driven them'; and I will bring them back into their land that I gave unto their fathers.
16Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and afterward I will send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the clefts of the rocks.
- 17For Mine eyes are upon all their ways,
- They are not hid from My face;
- Neither is their iniquity concealed from Mine eyes.
- 18And first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double;
- Because they have profaned My land;
- They have filled Mine inheritance
- With the carcasses of their detestable things and their abominations.
- 19O Lord, my strength, and my stronghold,
- And my refuge, in the day of affliction,
- Unto Thee shall the nations come
- From the ends of the earth, and shall say:
- 'Our fathers have inherited nought but lies,
- Vanity and things wherein there is no profit.'
- 20Shall a man make unto himself gods,
- And they are no gods?
- 21Therefore, behold, I will cause them to know,
- This once will I cause them to know
- My hand and My might;
- And they shall know that My name is the Lord.
- 17The sin of Judah is written
- With a pen of iron, and with the point of a diamond;
- It is graven upon the tablet of their heart,
- And upon the horns of your altars.
- 2Like the symbols of their sons are their altars,
- And their Asherim are by the leafy trees,
- Upon the high hills.
- 3O thou that sittest upon the mountain in the field,
- I will give thy substance and all thy treasures for a spoil,