- And poureth them out upon the face of the earth;
- The Lord is His name.
- 7Are ye not as the children of the Ethiopians unto Me,
- O children of Israel? saith the Lord.
- Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt,
- And the Philistines from Caphtor,
- And Aram from Kir?
- 8Behold, the eyes of the Lord God
- Are upon the sinful kingdom,
- And I will destroy it from off the face of the earth;
- Saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob,
- Saith the Lord.
- 9For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all the nations,
- Like as corn is sifted in a sieve,
- Yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.
- 10All the sinners of My people shall die by the sword,
- That say: 'The evil shall not overtake nor confront us.'
- 11In that day will I raise up
- The tabernacle of David that is fallen,
- And close up the breaches thereof,
- And I will raise up his ruins,
- And I will build it as in the days of old;
- 12That they may possess the remnant of Edom,
- And all the nations, upon whom My name is called,
- Saith the Lord that doeth this.
- 13Behold, the days come, saith the Lord,
- That the plowman shall overtake the reaper,
- And the treader of grapes him that soweth seed;
- And the mountains shall drop sweet wine,
- And all the hills shall melt.
- 14And I will turn the captivity of My people Israel,
- And they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them;
- And they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof;
- They shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.
- 15And I will plant them upon their land,
- And they shall no more be plucked up
- Out of their land which I have given them,
- Saith the Lord thy God.
- 1The vision of Obadiah.
- Thus saith the Lord God concerning Edom:
- We have heard a message from the Lord,
- And an ambassador is sent among the nations:
- 'Arise ye, and let us rise up against her in battle.'
- 2Behold, I make thee small among the nations;