This page has been validated.
- 1Happy is the man that hath not walked in the counsel of the wicked,
- Nor stood in the way of sinners,
- Nor sat in the seat of the scornful.
- 2But his delight is in the law of the Lord;
- And in His law doth he meditate day and night.
- 3And he shall be like a tree planted by streams of water,
- That bringeth forth its fruit in its season,
- And whose leaf doth not wither;
- And in whatsoever he doeth he shall prosper.
- 4Not so the wicked;
- But they are like the chaff which the wind driveth away,
- 5Therefore the wicked shall not stand in the judgment,
- Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
- 6For the LORD regardeth the way of the righteous,
- But the way of the wicked shall perish.
- 2Why are the nations in an uproar?
- And why do the peoples mutter in vain?
- 2The kings of the earth stand up,
- And the rulers take counsel together,
- Against the Lord, and against His anointed:
- 3'Let us break their bands asunder,
- And cast away their cords from us.'
- 4He that sitteth in heaven laugheth,
- The Lord hath them in derision.
- 5Then will He speak unto them in His wrath,
- And affright them in His sore displeasure:
- 6'Truly it is I that have established My king
- Upon Zion, My holy mountain.'
- 7I will tell of the decree:
- The Lord said unto me: 'Thou art My son,
- This day have I begotten thee.
- 8Ask of Me, and I will give the nations for thine inheritance,
- And the ends of the earth for thy possession.
- 9Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron;
- Thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.'
- 10Now therefore, ye kings, be wise;
- Be admonished, ye judges of the earth.
- 11Serve the LORD with fear,
- And rejoice with trembling.
- 12Do homage in purity, lest He be angry, and ye perish in the way,
- When suddenly His wrath is kindled.
- Happy are all they that take refuge in Him.