This page needs to be proofread.
- 50Therefore I will give thanks unto Thee, O Lord, among the nations,
- And will sing praises unto Thy name.
- 51Great salvation giveth He to His king;
- And showeth mercy to His anointed,
- To David and to his seed, for evermore.
19 For the Leader. A Psalm of David.
- 2The heavens declare the glory of God,
- And the firmament showeth His handiwork;
- 3Day unto day uttereth speech,
- And night unto night revealeth knowledge;
- 4There is no speech, there are no words,
- Neither is their voice heard.
- 5Their line is gone out through all the earth,
- And their words to the end of the world.
- In them hath He set a tent for the sun,
- 6Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
- And rejoiceth as a strong man to run his course.
- 7His going forth is from the end of the heaven,
- And his circuit unto the ends of it;
- And there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
- 8The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul;
- The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
- 9The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;
- The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.
- 10The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever;
- The ordinances of the Lord are true, they are righteous altogether;
- 11More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold;
- Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
- 12Moreover by them is Thy servant warned;
- In keeping of them there is great reward.
- 13Who can discern his errors?
- Clear Thou me from hidden faults.
- 14Keep back Thy servant also from presumptuous sins,
- That they may not have dominion over me; then shall I be faultless,
- And I shall be clear from great transgression.
- 15Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable before Thee,
- O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer.
20 For the Leader. A Psalm of David.
- 2The Lord answer thee in the day of trouble;
- The name of the God of Jacob set thee up on high;
- 3Send forth thy help from the sanctuary,
- And support thee out of Zion;
- 4Receive the memorial of all thy meal-offerings,
- And accept the fat of thy burnt-sacrifice; Selah
- 5Grant thee according to thine own heart,
- And fulfil all thy counsel.
- 6We will shout for joy in thy victory,