This page needs to be proofread.
- They mark my steps;
- According as they have waited for my soul.
- 8Because of iniquity cast them out;
- In anger bring down the peoples, O God.
- 9Thou has counted my wanderings;
- Put Thou my tears into Thy bottle;
- Are they not in Thy book?
- 10Then shall mine enemies turn back in the day that I call;
- This I know, that God is for me.
- 11In God—I will praise His word—
- In the Lord—I will praise His word—
- 12In God do I trust, I will not be afraid;
- What can man do unto me?
- 13Thy vows are upon me, O God;
- I will render thank-offerings unto Thee.
- 14For thou hast delivered my soul from death;
- Hast Thou not delivered my feet from stumbling?
- That I may walk before God in the light of the living?
57 For the Leader; Al-tashheth. [A Psalm] of David; Michtam; when he fled from Saul, in the cave.
- 2Be gracious unto me, O God, be gracious unto me,
- For in Thee hath my soul taken refuge;
- Yea, in the shadow of Thy wings will I take refuge,
- Until calamities be overpast.
- 3I will cry unto God Most high;
- Unto God that accomplisheth it for me.
- 4He will send from heaven, and save me,
- When he that would swallow me up taunteth, Selah
- God shall send forth His mercy and His truth.
- 5My soul is among lions, I do lie down among them that are aflame;
- Even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows,
- And their tongue a sharp sword.
- 6Be Thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; Thy glory be above all the earth.
- 7They have prepared a net for my steps,
- My soul is bowed down;
- They have digged a pit before me,
- They are fallen into the midst thereof themselves. Selah
- 8My heart is stedfast, O God, my heart is stedfast;
- I will sing, yea, I will sing praises.
- 9Awake, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp;
- I will awake the dawn.
- 10I will give thanks unto Thee, O Lord, among the peoples;
- I will sing praises unto Thee among the nations.
- 11For Thy mercy is great unto the heavens,
- And Thy truth unto the skies.
- 12Be Thou exalted, O God, above the heavens;
- Thy glory be above all the earth.
58 For the Leader; Al-tashheth. [A Psalm] of David; Michtam.
- 2Do ye indeed speak as a righteous company?
- Do ye judge with equity the sons of men?
- 3Yea, in heart ye work wickedness;
- Ye weigh out in the earth the violence of your hands.
- 4The wicked are estranged from the womb;
- The speakers of lies go astray as soon as they are born.