This page needs to be proofread.
- And respect the persons of the wicked? Selah
- 3Judge the poor and fatherless;
- Do justice to the afflicted and destitute.
- 4Rescue the poor and needy;
- Deliver them out of the hand of the wicked.
- 5They know not, neither do they understand;
- They go about in darkness;
- All the foundations of the earth are moved.
- 6I said: Ye are godlike beings,
- And all of you sons of the Most High.
- 7Nevertheless ye shall die like men,
- And fall like one of the princes.'
- 8Arise, O God, judge the earth;
- For Thou shalt possess all the nations.
83 A Song, a Psalm of Asaph.
- 2O God, keep not Thou silence;
- Hold not Thy peace, and be not still, O God.
- 3For, lo, Thine enemies are in an uproar;
- And they that hate Thee have lifted up the head.
- 4They hold crafty converse against Thy people,
- And take counsel against Thy treasured ones.
- 5They have said: 'Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation;
- That the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.'
- 6For they have consulted together with one consent;
- Against Thee do they make a covenant;
- 7The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites;
- Moab, and the Hagrites;
- 8Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek;
- Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre;
- 9Assyria also is joined with them;
- They have been an arm to the children of Lot. Selah
- 10Do Thou unto them as unto Midian;
- As to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the brook Kishon;
- 11Who were destroyed at En-dor;
- They became as dung for the earth.
- 12Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb,
- And like Zebah and Zalmunna all their princes;
- 13Who said: 'Let us take to ourselves in possession
- The habitations of God.'
- 14O my God, make them like the whirling dust;
- As stubble before the wind.
- 15As the fire that burneth the forest,
- And as the flame that setteth the mountains ablaze;
- 16So pursue them with Thy tempest,
- And affright them with Thy storm.
- 17Fill their faces with shame;
- That they may seek Thy name, O LORD.
- 18Let them be ashamed and affrighted for ever;
- Yea, let them be abashed and perish;
- 19That they may know that it is Thou alone whose name is the LORD,
- The Most High over all the earth.
84 For the Leader; upon the Gittith. A Psalm of the sons of Korah.
- 2How lovely are Thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts!
- 3My soul yearneth, yea, even pineth for the courts of the LORD;
- My heart and my flesh sing for joy unto the living God.