This page needs to be proofread.
- 2Keep my soul, for I am godly;
- O Thou my God, save Thy servant that trusteth in Thee.
- 3Be gracious unto me, O Lord;
- For unto Thee do I cry all the day.
- 4Rejoice the soul of Thy servant;
- For unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
- 5For Thou, Lord, art good, and ready to pardon,
- And plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon Thee.
- 6Give ear, O Lord, unto my prayer;
- And attend unto the voice of my supplications.
- 7In the day of my trouble I call upon Thee;
- For Thou wilt answer me.
- 8There is none like unto Thee among the gods, O Lord,
- And there are no works like Thine.
- 9All nations whom Thou hast made shall come and prostrate themselves before Thee, O Lord;
- And they shall glorify Thy name.
- 10For Thou art great, and doest wondrous things;
- Thou art God alone.
- 11Teach me, O Lord, Thy way, that I may walk in Thy truth;
- Make one my heart to fear Thy name.
- 12I will thank Thee, O Lord my God, with my whole heart;
- And I will glorify Thy name for evermore.
- 13For great is Thy mercy toward me;
- And Thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest nether-world.
- 14O God, the proud are risen up against me,
- And the company of violent men have sought after my soul,
- And have not set Thee before them.
- 15But Thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion and gracious,
- Slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy and truth.
- 16O turn unto me, and be gracious unto me;
- Give Thy strength unto Thy servant,
- And save the son of Thy handmaid.
- 17Work in my behalf a sign for good;
- That they that hate me may see it, and be put to shame,
- Because Thou, Lord, hast helped me, and comforted me.
87 A Psalm of the sons of Korah; a Song.
- His foundation is in the holy mountains.
- 2The Lord loveth the gates of Zion
- More than all the dwellings of Jacob.
- 3Glorious things are spoken of Thee,
- O city of God. Selah
- 4'I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon as among them that know Me;
- Behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia;
- This one was born there.'
- 5But of Zion it shall be said: 'This man and that was born in her;
- And the Most High Himself doth establish her.'
- 6The Lord shall count in the register of the peoples:
- 'This one was born there.' Selah
- 7And whether they sing or dance,
- All my thoughts are in Thee.
88 A Song, a Psalm of the sons of Korah; for the Leader; upon Mahalath Leannoth. Maschil of Heman the Ezrahite.
- 2O Lord, God of my salvation,
- What time I cry in the night before Thee,