This page needs to be proofread.
- 18Open Thou mine eyes, that I may behold
- Wondrous things out of Thy law.
- 19I am a sojourner in the earth;
- Hide not Thy commandments from me.
- 20My soul breaketh for the longing
- That it hath unto Thine ordinances at all times.
- 21Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed,
- That do err from Thy commandments.
- 22Take away from me reproach and contempt;
- For I have kept Thy testimonies.
- 23Even though princes sit and talk against me,
- Thy servant doth meditate in Thy statutes.
- 24Yea, Thy testimonies are my delight,
- They are my counsellors.
- 25My soul cleaveth unto the dust;
- Quicken Thou me according to Thy word.
- 26I told of my ways, and Thou didst answer me;
- Teach me Thy statutes.
- 27Make me to understand the way of Thy precepts,
- That I may talk of Thy wondrous works.
- 28My soul melteth away for heaviness;
- Sustain me according unto Thy word.
- 29Remove from me the way of falsehood;
- And grant me Thy law graciously.
- 30I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
- Thine ordinances have I set [before me].
- 31I cleave unto Thy testimonies;
- O Lord, put me not to shame.
- 32I will run the way of Thy commandments,
- For Thou dost enlarge my heart.
- 33Teach me, O Lord, the way of Thy statutes;
- And I will keep it at every step.
- 34Give me understanding, that I keep Thy law
- And observe it with my whole heart.
- 35Make me to tread in the path of Thy commandments;
- For therein do I delight.
- 36Incline my heart unto Thy testimonies,
- And not to covetousness.
- 37Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity,
- And quicken me in Thy ways.
- 38Confirm Thy word unto Thy servant,
- Which pertaineth unto the fear of Thee.
- 39Turn away my reproach which I dread;
- For Thine ordinances are good.
- 40Behold, I have longed after Thy precepts;
- Quicken me in Thy righteousness.
- 41Let Thy mercies also come unto me, O Lord,
- Even Thy salvation, according to Thy word;
- 42That I may have an answer for him that taunteth me;
- For I trust in Thy word.
- 43And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth;
- For I hope in Thine ordinances;
- 44So shall I observe Thy law continually