This page needs to be proofread.
- 2O Lord, deliver my soul from lying lips,
- From a deceitful tongue.
- 3What shall be given unto thee, and what shall be done more unto thee,
- Thou deceitful tongue?
- 4Sharp arrows of the mighty,
- With coals of broom.
- 5Woe is me, that I sojourn with Meshech,
- That I dwell beside the tents of Kedar!
- 6My soul hath full long had her dwelling
- With him that hateth peace.
- 7I am all peace;
- But when I speak, they are for war.
121 A Song of Ascents.
- I will lift up mine eyes unto the mountains:
- From whence shall my help come?
- 2My help cometh from the Lord,
- Who made heaven and earth.
- 3He will not suffer thy foot to be moved;
- He that keepeth thee will not slumber.
- 4Behold, He that keepeth Israel
- Doth neither slumber nor sleep.
- 5The Lord is thy keeper;
- The Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
- 6The sun shall not smite thee by day,
- Nor the moon by night.
- 7The Lord shall keep thee from all evil;
- He shall keep thy soul.
- 8The Lord shall guard thy going out and thy coming in,
- From this time forth and for ever.
122 A Song of Ascents; of David.
- I rejoiced when they said unto me:
- 'Let us go unto the house of the Lord.'
- 2Our feet are standing
- Within thy gates, O Jerusalem;
- 3Jerusalem, that art builded
- As a city that is compact together;
- 4Whither the tribes went up, even the tribes of the Lord,
- As a testimony unto Israel,
- To give thanks unto the name of the Lord.
- 5For there were set thrones for judgment,
- The thrones of the house of David.
- 6Pray for the peace of Jerusalem;
- May they prosper that love thee.
- 7Peace be within thy walls,
- And prosperity within thy palaces.
- 8For my brethren and companions' sakes,
- I will now say: 'Peace be within thee.'
- 9For the sake of the house of the Lord our God
- I will seek thy good.
123 A Song of Ascents.
- Unto Thee I lift up mine eyes,
- O Thou that art enthroned in the heavens.
- 2Behold, as the eyes of servants unto the hand of their master,
- As the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress;
- So our eyes look unto the Lord our God,
- Until He be gracious unto us.
- 3Be gracious unto us, O Lord, be gracious unto us;
- For we are full sated with contempt.
- 4Our soul is full sated