This page needs to be proofread.
- 7O Israel, hope in the Lord;
- For with the Lord there is mercy,
- And with Him is plenteous redemption.
- 8And He will redeem Israel
- From all his iniquities.
131 A Song of Ascents; of David.
- Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty;
- Neither do I exercise myself in things too great, or in things too wonderful for me.
- 2Surely I have stilled and quieted my soul;
- Like a weaned child with his mother;
- My soul is with me like a weaned child.
- 3O Israel, hope in the Lord
- From this time forth and for ever.
132 A Song of Ascents.
- Lord, remember unto David
- All his affliction;
- 2How he swore unto the Lord,
- And vowed unto the Mighty One of Jacob:
- 3'Surely I will not come into the tent of my house,
- Nor go up into the bed that is spread for me;
- 4I will not give sleep to mine eyes,
- Nor slumber to mine eyelids;
- 5Until I find out a place for the Lord,
- A dwelling-place for the Mighty One of Jacob.'
- 6Lo, we heard of it as being in Ephrath;
- We found it in the field of the wood.
- 7Let us go into His dwelling-place;
- Let us worship at His footstool.
- 8Arise, O Lord, unto Thy resting-place;
- Thou, and the ark of Thy strength.
- 9Let Thy priests be clothed with righteousness;
- And let Thy saints shout for joy.
- 10For Thy servant David's sake
- Turn not away the face of Thine anointed.
- 11The Lord swore unto David in truth;
- He will not turn back from it:
- 'Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.
- 12If thy children keep My covenant
- And My testimony that I shall teach them,
- Their children also for ever shall sit upon thy throne.'
- 13For the Lord hath chosen Zion;
- He hath desired it for His habitation:
- 14'This is My resting-place for ever;
- Here will I dwell; for I have desired it.
- 15I will abundantly bless her provision;
- I will give her needy bread in plenty.
- 16Her priests also will I clothe with salvation;
- And her saints shall shout aloud for joy.
- 17There will I make a horn to shoot up unto David,
- There have I ordered a lamp for Mine anointed.
- 18His enemies will I clothe with shame;
- But upon himself shall his crown shine.'
133 A Song of Ascents; of David.
- Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
- For brethren to dwell together in unity!
- Heb. Jaar. See 1 Chr. xiii. 5.