This page needs to be proofread.
- ז 16She considereth a field, and buyeth it;
- With the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
- ח 17She girdeth her loins with strength,
- And maketh strong her arms.
- ט 18She perceiveth that her merchandise is good;
- Her lamp goeth not out by night.
- י 19She layeth her hands to the distaff,
- And her hands hold the spindle.
- כ 20She stretcheth out her hand to the poor;
- Yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
- ל 21She is not afraid of the snow for her household;
- For all her household are clothed with scarlet.
- מ 22She maketh for herself coverlets;
- Her clothing is fine linen and purple.
- נ 23Her husband is known in the gates,
- When he sitteth among the elders of the land.
- ס 24She maketh linen garments and selleth them;
- And delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
- ע 25Strength and dignity are her clothing;
- And she laugheth at the time to come.
- פ 26She openeth her mouth with wisdom;
- And the law of kindness is on her tongue.
- צ 27She looketh well to the ways of her household,
- And eateth not the bread of idleness.
- ק 28Her children rise up, and call her blessed;
- Her husband also, and he praiseth her:
- ר 29'Many daughters have done valiantly,
- But thou excellest them all.'
- ש 30Grace is deceitful, and beauty is vain;
- But a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.
- ת 31Give her of the fruit of her hands;
- And let her works praise her in the gates.