L. S. NO. 2 TO GAZETTE NO. 27/2001
L.N. 158 of 2001
13. Replacement of unsafe vessels
(1) The Director may permit the licensee of a licensed dwelling vessel to replace the vessel with another vessel if the Director is satisfied—
- (a) that the vessel to be replaced is unsafe and will be surrendered to the Director for destruction or disposal under subsection (3);
- (b) that the replacement vessel is safe;
- (c) that the dimensions of the replacement vessel are no larger than those of the vessel to be replaced; and
- (d) that the licensee and the persons normally dwelling on the vessel to be replaced provide a service to other vessels in the vicinity.
(2) The Director may require a replacement vessel to be examined, free of charge to the licensee, by a person authorized by him to ensure that it complies with paragraphs (b) and (c) of subsection (1).
(3) Where the Director permits the replacement of a vessel under this section, the vessel shall be surrendered by the licensee to the Director for destruction or disposal.
(4) A licensee who fails to surrender a vessel in accordance with subsection (3) commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 2 and to imprisonment for 6 months.
14. Director may require information
(1) The Director may, from time to time, request the licensee of a licensed dwelling vessel to inform him of the name, age and identity card number of any person normally dwelling on the vessel at the time of the making of the request, and of the relationship of such person to the licensee.
(2) A licensee who, having been requested to give information under subsection (1), fails to do so or gives information which he knows or reasonably ought to know to be false in a material particular, commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 2 and to imprisonment for 6 months.
15. Closed areas
(1) No person shall cause or permit a dwelling vessel to enter or remain in a closed area.
(2) A person who contravenes subsection (1) commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 2 and to imprisonment for 6 months.