This page has been validated.
Question I (p. 11):
- History of equitation.
- Middle ages.
- Italian schools.
- French schools of the sixteenth, seventeenth, and eighteenth centuries.
- Military schools.
- Period from. 1789 to 1815.
- Contemporary equitation.
- Name the most noted riding masters in these different schools.
Question II (p. 19 ):
- Definition and object of horse training.
- Circumstances affecting duration of training. Condition of the horse, age, breeding; experience and skill of the horseman. Object to be attained.
- Three periods of training.
Question III (p. 22 ):
- Preliminary work. Exercise by leading.
- Care of young horses. Special recommendations.
- Work on the longe; method of giving longe lessons to young horses; its object.
Question IV (p. 25 ):
- Precautions in saddling horses.
- Mounting lesson. How should it be given and when? Instructions for men holding the horses.
- Precautions with restless horses.
Question V (p. 27 ):
- How should the squad be arranged in the first lesson? In what case should a leader be used?
- Necessity for the trot at the beginning of a lesson and the advantages of this gait in early training.
- Resistance of young horses. Means of overcoming.