Act No. 30 of 1950.
(8) The division of the said Supreme Court to which appeal is made shall enquire into and consider the matter and shall confirm, vary or set aside the decision of the board, or give such other decision as in its opinion the board ought to have given, and may make such order as to costs as it may deem fit.
(9) Any judgment given or order made by a provincial or local division of the said Supreme Court in terms of sub-section (8), shall be subject to appeal to the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of South Africa in the same manner and on the same conditions as a judgment given or order made in a civil proceeding in that provincial or local division: Provided that no person other than the person whose classification in terms of section five is the subject of the judgment or order shall have a right of appeal to the said Appellate Division unless an order of costs has been made against such person.
(10) Any decision by the court in terms of sub-section (8) or (9) relating to the classification of any person shall, for the purpose of this Act, be deemed to be the decision of a board.
(11) A member of a board who is not a member of the public service may be paid such remuneration for his services as a member of the board as the Minister may, in consultation with the Minister of Finance, determine.
12. The Director may require any person in respect of whom any particulars required for recording in the register, have been furnished in any form or return received under the Census Act, 1910 (Act No. 2 of 1910), or in any form prescribed under section nine, to furnish to him evidence as to the correctness of any such particulars.
13. (1) The Director shall, as soon as practicable after the inclusion in the register of the name of any person who has attained the age of sixteen years or after any person whose name has been so included, attains the age of sixteen years, and subject to the succeeding provisions of this section, issue an identity card to that person.
(2) If the person referred to in sub-section (1) is a white person or a coloured person and is not an alien or a person referred to in sub-section (4), the identity card issued to that person shall contain the following particulars and no other particulars in relation to that person whatsoever, namely—