NO. 7 OF 2011
- (b) to prescribe the declarations, returns, forms and documents to be submitted by the promoter of a private lottery and the time and manner of such submissions; and
- (c) to prescribe any other matter which may be necessary or expedient for the purpose of carrying section 6(7), 11, 12, 15 or 16 into effect.
(3) Regulations made under subsections (1) and (2) may provide—
- (a) that a contravention of any specified provision thereof shall be an offence; and
- (b) for penalties not exceeding a fine of $20,000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months or both for each offence.
33. The Private Lotteries Act (Cap. 250) and the Private Lotteries (Amendment) Act 2006 (Act 16 of 2006) are repealed.
Consequential amendments to other written laws
34.—(1) The provisions of the Acts specified in the first column of the Schedule are amended in the manner set out in the second column thereof.
(2) Any written law or document referring to the repealed Act shall, as far as may be necessary for preserving its effect, be construed as referring or as including a reference to this Act.
(3) In this section, “repealed Act” means the Private Lotteries Act (Cap. 250, 1985 Ed.) repealed by this Act.
Savings and transitional provisions
35.—(1) Any permit granted under section 4 of the repealed Act before the appointed day, being a permit that is in force immediately before that date, shall, unless suspended or revoked—
- (a) be deemed to be a permit granted by the Permit Officer under section 8 of this Act;
- (b) expire on the date it would have expired had this Act not been enacted; and
- (c) be subject to those conditions imposed on it under section 5 of the repealed Act in force immediately before the appointed day,