USE AND DISPLAY OF FLAG
Display of Flag outside buildings
4.—(1) When the Flag is displayed outside a building, it shall be displayed on or in front of the building.
(2) At any time other than during the period referred to in paragraph (3), when the Flag is displayed outside a building or in an open space—
- (a) it shall be flown from a flagpole; and
- (b) it shall not be flown at night unless it is properly illuminated.
(3) At any time during the period starting from 1st August and ending on 31st August of each year, when the Flag is displayed outside a building or in an open space—
- (a) it may, but need not, be flown from a flagpole; and
- (b) it may be displayed at night without being properly illuminated.
Flying of Flag on vehicles, vessels and aircraft
5.—(1) The Flag shall not be flown on any motor vehicle except a motor vehicle in which—
- (a) the President is travelling; or
- (b) any Minister is travelling on official business.
(2) The Flag shall not be flown on any vessel or aircraft except—
- (a) a Government vessel or aircraft; or
- (b) such other vessel or aircraft as may be authorised under any written law to fly the Flag.
Manner of display of Flag
6.—(1) Subject to international practice, the Flag shall take precedence over all other flags when displayed in Singapore.
(2) When the Flag is displayed with any other flag or flags, the Flag shall be displayed prominently, in the position of honour and, where practicable, above all other flags.