BRUNEI DARUSSALAM GOVERNMENT GAZETTE
tazkiyah al syuhud, is guilty of the offence of irtidad and shall be liable on conviction to death as hadd.
(2) Any Muslim who declares himself as a non-Muslim and it is proved by evidence other than those provided under subsection (1) is guilty of the offence of irtidad and shall be liable on conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 30 years and whipping not exceeding 40 strokes.
Attempt to commit irtidad.
113. Any Muslim who attempts to commit or attempts to cause the commission of irtidad is guilty of the offence of irtidad and shall be liable on conviction to the same punishment as provided for such offence.
- (a) A, a Muslim, takes an Al-Qur'an to be given to B for B to throw into a garbage disposal. When A wants to give the Al-Qur'an to B, B is not there. A is guilty of an offence under this section and may be liable to punishment under section 111.
- (b) C, a Muslim, says that he is determined to renounce from the religion of Islam. C is guilty of an offence under this section and shall be liable to punishment under section 112.
Abetting commission of irtidad.
114. Any person who abets the commission of any offence of irtidad is guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 30 years and whipping not exceeding 40 strokes.
Forfeiture and disposal.
115. The Court may order any document, publication, thing, object and structure and anything similar used in the commission of or in relation to any offence of irtidad to be forfeited and disposed, notwithstanding that no person may have been convicted of such offence.
Order to repent.
116. The Court shall, after sentencing an offender for any offence of irtidad and before execution of the punishment, order him to repent.
Acquit after repentance.
117. The Court shall after being satisfied that the offender has repented, make an order of acquittal from sentence on the offender.