The O Antiphons are antiphons sung in Western Christian traditions following the Magnificat at Vespers services on the last seven days of Advent. Each antiphon is a name of Christ, one of his attributes mentioned in Scripture.
- O Antiphons
- Veni, Veni, Emmanuel, a popular Advent hymn based on the O Antiphons
The Marian Anthems or Marian Antiphons are four "votive antiphons" addressed to Mary which are sung at Compline during various times of the year. They are not true antiphons but rather are short hymns.
- Alma Redemptoris Mater, sung from the beginning of Advent until the feast of the Presentation of the Lord (February 2)
- Ave Regina Caelorum, sung from the Presentation of the Lord through Good Friday
- Regina Coeli, sung during the Easter season
- Salve Regina, sung from Trinity Sunday until the Saturday before Advent
- Sub Tuum Praesidium, sung in place of the Salve Regina in some traditions