- "Ladrone Islands," in The American Cyclopædia (1879)
- “Ladrone Islands” by Edwin Dampier Brickwood in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1882).
- "Ladrones," in The Nuttall Encyclopædia, (ed.) by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd. (1907)
- "Marianas (archipelago)," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Prefecture Apostolic of Mariana Islands," by Thomas Kennedy in Catholic Encyclopedia, (ed.) by Charles G. Herbermann and others, New York: The Encyclopaedia Press (1913)
- "Ladrones," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- "Ladrones," in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
- “Northern Mariana Islands” in the CIA World Fact Book, 2004.