South Africa Act Further Amendment Act, 1958
(Afrikaans text signed by the Governor-General.)
(Assented to 26th September, 1958.)
Be it enacted by the Queen’s Most Excellent Majesty, the Senate and the House of Assembly of the Union of South Africa, as follows:―
|(a)||by the substitution in sub-section (1) for the word “fourteen” of the word “sixteen”; and|
|(b)||by the addition of the following sub-sections:
(4) No person appointed under sub-section (3) shall hold office for a longer period than three months unless he is or becomes a member of the Senate or the House of Assembly.
(5) Any such person may be paid such an allowance in addition to any allowance which may be payable to him as a member of the Senate or the House of Assembly, as the Governor-General may determine.”.
2. Section fifty-three of the principal Act is hereby amended by the addition at the end of sub-paragraph (1) of paragraph (d) of the words “or a deputy appointed to any Minister of State under sub-section (3) of section fourteen”.
3. Section fifty-six of the principal Act is hereby amended by the insertion after paragraph (a) of sub-section (2) of the following paragraph:
|“(a)bis||when he is absent in connection with the performance of any of his functions in pursuance of his appointment under sub-section (3) of section fourteen as the deputy to any Minister of State; and”.|
4. This Act shall be called the South Africa Act Further Amendment Act, 1958.