The Imp and the Angel
Copyright, 1901, by
Charles Scribner's Sons
Published October, 1901
THE CAXTON PRESS
J. S. D.
Kind Sponsor to the Author
Good Friend to the Imp
These Stories are
- He looked back once or twice hesitatingly, but they did not call him,
- "Look out, Algy!" he said dutifully, "this is my second suit!"
- "As they went round, till every girl was lifted out,"
- The audience waited with dogged patience for twenty minutes,
- "They can't play for one boy—they simply can't," said the man,
- So he lurked on the outside of the ring that always surrounded her,
- "One for the City," he said,
- He wept quietly on her white lawn shoulder,