The Last of the Valerii
- "The Last of the Valerii" in The Atlantic Monthly 33(195) (January 1874): 69–85.
- — First publication in any form.
- "The Last of the Valerii" in A Passionate Pilgrim and Other Tales (Boston: James R. Osgood & Co., 1875): 125–178.
- — First American book edition; revised for publication by James.
- "The Last of the Valerii" in Stories Revived (3 volumes, London: Macmillan & Co., 1885) 3: 91–135.
- — First English book edition; this is the last edition to be revised for publication by James.
- "The Last of the Valerii" in Stories Revived (2 volumes, London: Macmillan & Co., 1885) 2: 223–267.
- — Two-volume reprint of the first English book edition.
- "The Last of the Valerii" in The Last of the Valerii, Master Eustace, The Romance of Certain Old Clothes, and Other Tales (London: Macmillan & Co., 1923): 3–40.
- — Volume 26 of The Novels and Stories of Henry James, the first posthumous collection of James' works; uses the Stories Revived book text.
Translation into French:
- "Le Dernier des Valerius" ["The Last of Valerius"] in Revue des Deux Mondes ["Review of Both Worlds"], 15 November 1875.
- — Translated by Lucien Biart
- Les Dents d'un Turco par Paul de Musset. Suivi de le Dernier des Valérius'' ["The Teeth of a Turk by Paul de Musset, followed by The Last of Valérius"] (Paris: G. Paetz, 1876)
- — Translated by Lucien Biart; reprinted from the Revue des Duex Mondes article
Translation into German:
- "[?]" in Ein Leidenschaftlicher Erdenpilger uld Andere Erzählungen ["A Passionate Pilgrin and Other Tales"] (Amerikanische Novellisten ["American Novels"] 1) (Leipzig: Grunow): ?–?.
- — Translated by Moritz Busch.