Press′burg, a town of Hungary, stands on the left bank of the Danube, 40 miles by rail from Vienna and close to the Austrian frontier. Its principal buildings are the cathedral, in which the kings of Hungary used to be crowned, the town-house and the parliament-house. The chief manufactures are beer, dynamite, wire, starch, spirits and confectionery. Pressburg or, to give it the Hungarian name, Pozsony was a prominent town during the 11th and 12th centuries, and was frequently chosen for conferences and meetings between the rulers of Austria and Hungary. From 1541 to 1784 it was the capital of Hungary. Pressburg also is the capital of the province of Pressburg. Population of the city 65,867.