The Shepherd's Week

The Shepherd's Week  (1728) 
by John Gay

First published in 1714, this transcription is of a later edition published during Gay's lifetime. It is a less elaborate publication than the first edition, which also featured an introductory Proem, an index and six plates, one for each of the six pastorals.

THE

SHEPHERD's WEEK.

IN SIX

PASTORALS.


By Mr. J. Gay.


————————— Libeat mihi sordida rura,
Atque humiles habitare Casas. ————Virg.


The Shepherd's Week - Gay (1728) - end block 1.png

DUBLIN:

Printed by J. Watts, at the Sign of the Lord Carteret's Head in Dame's street. and sold by J. Thompson under Lucas's Coffee-House, 1728.

This work was published before January 1, 1927, and is in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago.