The Souvenir of Western Women/Academy of The Holy Names, Seattle, Wash
ACADEMY OF THE HOLY NAMES, SEVENTH AVENUE, SEATTLE, WASH.
On June 15, 1905, this institution of learning for young girls will celebrate the twenty-fifth anniversary of its foundation. Upon its past work God's benedictions have been shed, while upon its future rests the crown of promise. Within two years the general government of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary hopes to have erected and completed one of the finest academies of the Great West. The site has already been secured on Capital Hill, which commands from this point a magnificent view of the Cascades and Olympic ranges and the grand water environments of the Queen City.
In 1880 Very Rev. F. X. Prefontaine laid the foundation of Holy Names Academy on the corner of Second and Spring streets. The work of these twenty-five years lives in the hearts of hundreds of pupils who are the joy and solace of their Alma Mater.