Adopted by the Security Council at its 5514th meeting, on 18 August 2006
The Security Council,
Reaffirming its previous resolutions on the situation in Timor-Leste, in particular its resolutions 1599 (2005) of 28 April 2005, 1677 (2006) of 12 May 2006 and 1690 (2006) of 20 June 2006,
Taking note of the report of the Secretary-General of 8 August 2006 (S/2006/628) and the report of the Secretary-General on Justice and Reconciliation for Timor-Leste of 26 July 2006 (S/2006/580),
Taking note of the letter dated 4 August 2006 addressed to the Secretary- General from the Prime Minister of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste (S/2006/620, annex), and the letter dated 9 August 2006 addressed to the Secretary- General from the Prime Minister of the Republic of Timor-Leste (S/2006/651, annex),
1. Decides to extend the mandate of the United Nations Office in Timor- Leste (UNOTIL) until 25 August 2006;
2. Decides to remain actively seized of the matter.
This work is excerpted from an official document of the United Nations. The policy of this organisation is to keep most of its documents in the public domain in order to disseminate "as widely as possible the ideas (contained) in the United Nations Publications".
- Official records (proceedings of conferences, verbatim and summary records, …)
- United Nations documents issued with a UN symbol
- Public information material designed primarily to inform the public about United Nations activities (not including public information material that is offered for sale).
Public domainPublic domainfalse