- Stay faithful to the original source text and do not borrow from copyrighted modern versions. The text should be as literal as possible while still translating the correct meaning into good English.
- Keep the translation simple, non-technical, robust, and easy-to-understand.
- Avoid sectarian disputes, possibly by footnoting variant translations.
- Share your sources. (In the page talk put all details about which source text you used.--and any other such details about the translation.)
- Don't hesitate to add footnotes. All kinds of footnotes are welcome, including if you're really not sure about how something should be translated. Either another editor will see your footnote, and fix the text, or it is a place where translating well is really difficult, and this info is good to be passed on to the reader. (In case of ambiguity in the text, put the other possible renderings in the footnotes.)
Status of ProjectEdit
No chapters claimed at present.
- Job (ch. 1-5)
- Psalms (ch. 1-65, 77, 90, 100, 105, 111, 115, 117, 121, 134, 135, 137, 150, 151)
- Proverbs (ch. 1)
- Isaiah (ch. 1, 29, 39, 40-41, 55)
- Jeremiah (ch. 9:23-24, 21:4)
- Ezekiel (ch. 1)
- Hosea (ch. 1-4)
- Amos (ch. 1:1)
- Daniel (ch. 1-2:4, 8-12)
- Acts (ch. 1)
- 1 Corinthians (ch. 1-7)
- Ephesians (ch. 1)
- Philippians (ch. 1:1-6)
- Colossians (ch. 1:1-15)
- 1 Thessalonians (ch. 1, 2)
- 2 Thessalonians (ch. 2:3-12)
- Hebrews (ch. 1, 2:1-10)
- 1 Peter (ch. 1:1-3)
- 2 Peter (ch. 1:1-10)
- 1 John (ch. 1-3)
- Jude (1)
- Revelation (ch. 1)
- Prayer of Manasseh (ch. 1:1-3)
- 1 Esdras (ch. 1:1-6)
- Additions to Esther (ch. 1:1-3)
- Judith (ch. 1:1-2a)
- Jubilees (ch. 1:1-3)
- 1 Enoch (ch. 1-9)
- Wisdom (ch. 1)
- 1 Clement (ch. 1:1)
- 1 Samuel
- 2 Samuel
- 1 Kings
- 2 Kings
- 1 Chronicles
- 2 Chronicles
- Song of Songs
- 2 John
- 3 John
So far all translated books are in a draft state. Please help fix 'em up!
Books not startedEdit
- 2 Corinthians
- 1 Timothy
- 2 Timothy
- 2 Esdras
- 2 Maccabees
- 3 Maccabees
- 4 Maccabees
- 5 Maccabees
- 6 Maccabees
- 7 Maccabees
- 8 Maccabees
- 2 Enoch
- 3 Enoch
- 1 Meqabyan
- 2 Meqabyan
- 3 Meqabyan
- Psalms of Solomon
- Prayer of Solomon
- Paralipomena of Baruch
- 2 Baruch
- Letter of Baruch
- 3 Baruch
- 4 Baruch
- Additions to Daniel
- Acts of Paul
- Corinthians to Paul
- 3 Corinthians
- Apocalypse of Peter
- 2 Clement
- The Shepherd of Hermas
- Ser'atä Seyon
- Book of the Covenant 1
- Book of the Covenant 2
- Ethiopic Clement
This is the list of participants.
Here are user boxes.
Greek New TestamentEdit
- NTGreek.net Three graduated courses designed for students who want to learn to read the Greek New Testament
- Perseus Greek Vocabulary Tool
- Perseus Greek Word Study Tool
- The Online Liddell-Scott-Jones Greek-English Lexicon Provided by Thesaurus Linguae Graecae
- Novum Testamentum Graece (NA 27)
- UBS Greek New Testament (4th edition)
- NA 28 (i.e., the 28th edition of Novum Testamentum Graece) at the online portal of the Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft
- SBLGNT (i.e., the Society of Biblical Literature Greek New Testament)
- ESV.org hosts the Tyndale House Greek New Testament (N.B. users need to navigate from the default ESV text to the THGNT text)
- GNTReader.com at GNTReader.com
- Online Greek New Testament
- Greek New Testament derived from a text by the Center for the Computer Analysis of Texts at the University of Pennsylvania
- The Online Greek Bible
- MorphGNT GitHub repository for the MorphGNT SBLGNT
- Clause and Group Annotated Texts at OpenText.org
- Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia
- The Masoretic Text
- Hebrew Bible According to the Masoretic Text and the JPS1917 ed
- Hebrew-English Edition of above
- Paul Kahle's Masoreten Des Ostens A transcription of various Babylonian manuscript fragments (mostly Cairo Genizah).
- Paul Kahle's Masoreten Des Westens A transcription of various Palestinian manuscript fragments (mostly Cairo Genizah).
Various Online Bibles, Multiple TranslationsEdit
- The Sword Project (from Crosswire Bible Society)
- e-Sword Bible Software Has many different translations and dictionaries (including Webster's 1828 dictionary) which can be installed as modules.
- NET Bible
- Online Parallel Study Bible Read and Search the Bible in Greek, Hebrew, English, Latin, and other parallel versions.
Manuscript, Scroll, and Papyri LinksEdit
- The Leningrad Codex The oldest, most complete manuscript.
- The Aleppo Codex The crown jewel of the Masoretes (but missing most of Torah and other bits).
- British Library MS Oriental 4445 One of the oldest Masoretic Torah scrolls.
- The Berlin Codex Oldest, most complete, pre-Masoretic Babylonian manuscript (Psalms through Chronicles).
Dead Sea ScrollsEdit
- The Great Isaiah Scroll 1QIsa-a.