HALL, or Bad-Hall, a market-place and spa of Austria, in Upper Austria, 25 m. S. of Linz by rail. Pop. (1900) 984. It is renowned for its saline springs, strongly impregnated with iodine and bromine, which are considered very efficacious in scrofulous affections and venereal skin diseases. Although the springs are known since the 8th century, Hall attained its actual importance only since 1855, when the springs became the property of the government. The number of visitors in 1901 was 4300.