Author:Ada Ellen Bayly
|←Author Index: Ba||Ada Ellen Bayly
|English novelist, who wrote as 'Edna Lyall'|
- Won by Waiting (1879)
- Donovan (1882), in 3 vols.
- We Two (1884), in 3 vols.
- In the Golden Days (1885)
- Their Happiest Christmas (1886)
- Knight Errant (1887), in 3 vols.
- Autobiography of a Slander (1887) 
- A Hardy Norserman (1889) 
- Max Hereford's Dream (1891)
- Derrick Vaughan, Novelist (1889), first published periodically in 'Murray's Magazine' 
- To Right the Wrong (1892), first published in 'Good Words.'
- Doreen (1894)
- How the Children raised the Wind (1895)
- The Autobiography of a Truth (1896)
- Wayfaring Men (1897)
- Hope the Hermit (1898)
- In Spite of All (1901)
- The Bruges Letters (1902)
- The Hinderers (1902).
- Preface to "The Story of an African Chief" (1893) by Wyndham Knight-Bruce
- Mrs. Gaskell in "Women novelists of Queen Victoria's reign; a book of appreciations" (1897)
Works about BaylyEdit
- "Bayly, Ada Ellen," in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.
- "Lyall, Edna," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Bayly, Ada Ellen," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- Edna Lyall: An Appreciation. With Biographical and Critical Notes (1903), by George Andrew Payne
- The life of Edna Lyall (Ada Ellen Bayly) (1904), by Jesse Maria Escreet