- "A Collections of the Inscriptions on Copper-plates and Stones in the Nellore district" (1905)
- "Some Madras Trees" (1911)
- "The Southlands of Siva" (1923) (transcription project)
Works about ButterworthEdit
- "Butterworth, Allan," in The Indian Biographical Dictionary, by C. Hayavadana Rao, Madras: Pillar & Co. (1915)
- "Butterworth, Alan," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Mr. Alan Butterworth," in The Times (1937)
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1928.
The longest-living author of these works died in 1937, so these works are in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 85 years or less. These works may be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.