Author:Alexander Taylor Innes
|←Author Index: In||Alexander Taylor Innes
|Lawyer. Author of John Knox; Law of Creeds in Scotland; Studied in Scottish History; &c|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "A. T. I."
- College Years: the valedictory address of the Dialectic Society of the University of Edinburgh for session 1856/57 (1857).
- The Law of Creeds in Scotland: A Treatise on the Legal Relation of Churches in Scotland Established and not Established, to their Doctrinal Confessions (1867)
- The Church of Scotland Crisis 1843 and 1874: and the Duke of Argyll (1874)
- The Scotch Law of Establishment, an answer to the two new positions of the Duke of Argyll (1875)
- Letters from the Red Beech. Six Letters from a Layman to a Minister of the Free Church of Scotland on the Canon, the Pulpit, and Criticism (1880)
- The Assembly of 1881 and the case of Professor Robertson Smith (1881)
- The Confidence of the Church. A letter to Sir Henry W. Moncreiff, Bart., D.D. (1881)
- Samuel Rutherford (1883)
- Open Teaching in the Universities of Scotland (1885)
- Church and State, a Historical Handbook (1890)
- Studies in Scottish History, chiefly Ecclesiastical (1892)
- John Knox (1896)
- Trial of Jesus Christ: A legal monograph (1899)
- The Law of Creeds in Scotland: a treatise on the relations of churches in Scotland, established and not established, to the civil law (1902)
- Scottish Churches and the Crisis of 1907 (1907)
- Chapters of Reminiscence (1913)